top of page

Small Claims Court Information

Financial issue with a customer, associate, or other business entity?

Receivables over 90 days old? Small Claims Court may be your answer!


There are many advantages:

  • You may file a claim up to a maximum of $10,000. If you are suing for injuries incurred in an automobile accident and the defendant is insured, you are limited to a maximum dollar limit of $7,500

  • It’s easy to prepare and file your own case.

    All forms are available online and can be mailed directly to the court.  Click here for the small claims form packet.

  • NO ATTORNEYS are allowed. It will be you or your representative and the party you are suing or his/her representative.

  • We can help with all procedural questions and serve the opposing party.


It’s Quick & Easy!

  1. Fill out and Download SC-100 claim forms from the Superior Court website. You can link direct from our small claims page. Be sure to print three copies: one original; one for the court; and one for yourself.

  2. File your case by mail - NO LINES!! Don’t forget to sign your claim form, include your check for the proper filing amount, and include a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of your conformed documents with case #, hearing date, etc. on them.

  3. Alert SDSOP first, then mail, email or upload a complete set of your SC-100 claim forms and your check for the service fees along with a work order request from our website. If emailing, payment may be made through the PayPal link on the website.

  4. Once served, we will return an original proof of service ready to file.

  5. Deliver or mail the original proof of service with a copy to the court for filing. The proof of service must be filed at least five days before the hearing date. Don’t forget to include a self-addressed stamped envelope to receive your file-stamped copies from the court.

  6. You are now ready to proceed at your hearing. Remember to bring all documents or evidence to your hearing ready to present.

bottom of page